Friday, September 17, 2010

Day "I-Lost-Track-And-Don't-Want-To-Bother-Finding-Aforementioned-Track"

Wow, it's been what a week? gotta keep up with this thingy. Well more discoveries, more fun, and done with my first week in London. Can it get better? I think yes.


Discovery #1: Time Slows in London
I swear it feels like I've been here a month (and this is definitely a good thing).

Discovery #2: Recorders are awesome
So I found this nice cheap recorder and started using it for notes; suffice to say my time spent drudgingly taking notes has been cut in half, nay a...... 3/4th??? Anyway point made.

Discovery #3: Apparently my British accent is better than I thought...
cause I totally fooled this group of other Americans on my way to the noodle place tonight. Must try this on some British people (not Jenny tho, she'll just laugh at me and call me a tourist. darn saucy british people haha)

Discovery #4: Beirut Express
Lebanese food is the bomb to begin with. This place was amazing. Had dinner with the law students so got to meet some cool people over probably the best humus I've ever tasted.

Today was fun, got to go to Stonehenge, took some pictures, longed to kidnap a sheep from the neighboring field for a pet (we could totally hide it for a year right?) Then took a lil side trip to Salisbury and had my first fish and chips in England. Amazing. Beer battered cod which, when bitten into did what can only be described as liquefying in my mouth. Top it off with HP sauce (some mysterious mixture of malt vinegar and other secret ingredients) and some awesome chips (not french fries, chips people. get it right we're in England here....at least i am). Anyway, then we went to the cathedral and saw the Magna Carta (definitely very cool, I guess there's only 4 surviving originals).

Well, ready for my next week to begin. Gotta start searching for Harry Potter tickets (hopefully premiere?? pleeeeeeaaaaasssseeee!!!!!!), plan a trip to Italy soon, go see Shakespeare, learn how to vanquish the evil powers that be (i.e. learn to work the microwaves in the house kitchen, which to this very hour continue to defy my will! aarrrrgggghh i will best thee, villainous curs!), and get me an alarm clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment