Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 3: Scavenger Hunts are the Proving Grounds for the Tube

K so it's kinda day 3. I should probably be sleeping but that doesn't seem to be working so I will write instead.

Sleeping in is probably the best thing in the world let me tell you, especially when your still bogged down with jetlag. Gotta snap outta that before classes start tho haha. Well we had a scavenger hunt today which was very interesting/fun/exhausting/idk what other adjective I should use to describe it. I got to see the city with Aaron and Craig, found out that McDonalds is actually pretty decent in Europe, and learned to naviagte the Tube in a Trial-By-Fire-esque experience. Saw the palace, National Gallery, Lighted Sign in Trafalgar Square, the ORIGINAL half-price ticket booth in covent garden, and the London Eye (which I need to ride again because last time I was huddled in a corner trying to think happy thoughts. I am deathly afraid of height by the way..... yet airplanes dont scare me how weird is that??). Anyway we also got our typical touristy "crammed in a phone booth" shot and other things so all in all a pretty productive day.

**SPOILER ALERT** AMAZING DISCOVERY!
Europe does every food better than the USA (I know shocking right?!?) K I wimped out on cooking tonight cause I was too tired, so I swallowed my pride and got Pizza Hut. This was one of the funniest experiences ever: Pizza Hut is like a sit-down fine-dining experience here. There are waiters and wine and everything. So I get my take-away pizza for Craig and I (Pepperoni Feast=pepperoni heaven), traipse back to the dorm, and take a bite. It was delicious. The sauce was awesome, the pepperoni was actually meat!?!?! instead of processed... well lets face it, crap... and the cheese was definitely less than 75% plastic (I know I ate cheese?!?!? Still didnt have that much but hey its Europe I had to try).

Side Note: Water is impossible to find when you have no money. I had like a pound and 30 pence (like $1.30 in the US [though not really cause its more thanks to exhange rates, but pence=cents and pounds=dollars comparatively]) Usually water is about a pound and a half. After frantically searching for some H2O I finally found a cheap 1.10 pound water. Never appreciated a beverage so much. Btw if you couldnt tell, it's still hot here. I'm begining to wonder about the whole rainy, cold, blistering thing. Oh well, tomorrows.... today's (i mean) another day...... hopefully a colder one filled with me finding a rice pan cause there is not a satisfactory pan in the house to make nana's rice with. And I may die without that. Hopefully I get school shopping done tomorrow and hopefully it won't bleed me dry like book sales did lol

Nuther Side Note: I may now be a Tube-ninja, but I am definitely still Bus-Bait. The bus system scares me, not gonna lie.

1 comment:

  1. totally agree with you about Pizza Hut. haha. Matthew & I actually went to a PIzza Hut the night he proposed. It's really nice. hahaha. Same with McDonald's in Prague. it was like a culinary experience. Totally trippy. haha.

    ReplyDelete